Research Areas & Projects
- Computational Intelligence
- Health Informatics, Multi-Agent and Complex Systems, Web Intelligence, Intelligent User Interface, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
- Databases and Information Management
- Data Privacy and Security, Distributed Data Management, Graph Databases, Mobile Data Management, Social Network Analysis, and Spatial Databases.
- Networking and Systems
- Cloud Computing, Internet Computing, Data Center Networks, Indoor Localization, High Performance Computing, Pervasive Computing, Wireless Networks.
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition and Biometrics, Secure and Privacy-aware Computing, and Image and Video Processing.
The Department has twenty nine staff at the ranks of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Research Assistant Professor, Senior Lecturer and Lecturer. All of them have Ph.D. degrees awarded by renowned universities in Australia, Canada, Singapore, Switzerland, the United States, and Hong Kong, and are dedicated to quality teaching and research. Our academic staff also actively contribute to professional and community services.