The Department offers BSc (Hons) in Computer Science Programme with four concentrations:
- Computing and Software Technologies (CST)
- Information Systems and Analytics (ISA)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Data and Media Communication (DMC)
All students will be admitted on a Faculty basis (JUPAS Code: JS2510) and exposed to a list of "Year 1 Science courses" in Faculty of Science
before declaring "Computer Science" as the Major Programme for Year 2 onwards.
Admission Requirements (JS2510)
For Hong Kong students taking HKDSE for admission via JUPAS, the Minimum Entrance Requirements are:
||Minimum Entry Level
|Mathematics Compulsory Part
|2 Elective Subjects*
Remarks: Any HKDSE elective subjects, including Extended Part of Mathematics (Module 1 or Module 2)
To know more about the details of the Admission Requirements, click here
For students who have attained a 5* or above in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or Mathematics in HKDSE, they will be guaranteed for admission to BSc (Hons) in Computer Science in Year 2, after completing the first year.
Students in Science Faculty may select BSc (Hons) in Computer Science as their major subjected to the
Admission Scholarship - Undergraduate Scholarship in Computer Science
We offer Undergraduate Scholarships to students admitted to the BSc (Hons) in Computer Science via JUPAS at an amount of up to HK$12,000 per student, under the following criteria:
- The selection criteria of the scholarship are based on HKDSE results and interview performance. To qualify for scholarship interview, the student should achieve grade 5* or above of either Mathematics or Information and Communication Technology in HKDSE, and good academic progress in our programme.
- The Student should have strong commitment to developing career in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry; achieving A- grade or above in "Essence of Computing"; and attaining a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or above at the end of Year 1 study.
Remark: The scholarship is provided by our Department to support the pursuit of our degree programmes.
If you want to learn more about other scholarships that we provide to undergraduate students, please click here