Dr. Chu received his B.Eng. degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua University, Beijing, P. R. China, in 1999, and the Ph.D. degree in the Computer Science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2003. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Distributed Machine Learning Systems
- GPU Computing
- Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Wireless Networks
- S. Shi, X.-W. Chu, and B. Li, “MG-WFBP: Efficient Data Communication for Distributed Synchronous SGD Algorithms,” IEEE INFOCOM 2019, Paris, France, May 2019.
- C. Liu, Q. Wang, X.-W. Chu, and Y.-W. Leung, “G-CRS: GPU Accelerated Cauchy Reed-Solomon Coding,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 29, No. 7, pages 1482-1498, July 2018.
- Q. Wang, P. Xu, Y. Zhang, and X.-W. Chu, “EPPMiner: An Extended Benchmark Suite for Energy, Power and Performance Characterization of Heterogeneous Architecture,” ACM e-Energy 2017, Hong Kong, May 2017.
- V. Chau, X.-W. Chu, H. Liu, and Y.-W. Leung, “Energy Efficient Job Scheduling with DVFS for CPU-GPU Heterogeneous Systems,” ACM e-Energy 2017, Hong Kong, May 2017.
- X. Mei, X.-W. Chu, Y.-W. Leung, H. Liu, and Z. Li, “Energy Efficient Real-time Task Scheduling on CPU-GPU Hybrid Clusters,” IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta, GA, USA, 1-4 May, 2017.
- X. Mei and X.-W. Chu, “Dissecting GPU Memory Hierarchy through Microbenchmarking,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 28. No. 1, pages 72-86, Jan 2017.
- Albert Y.S. Lam, Y.-W. Leung, and X.-W. Chu, “Autonomous Vehicle Public Transportation System: Scheduling and Admission Control,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 17, No. 5, pages 1210-1226, May 2016.
- J. Zhao, X.-W. Chu, H. Liu, Y.-W. Leung, and Z. Li, “Online Procurement Auctions for Resource Pooling in Client-Assisted Cloud Storage Systems,” IEEE INFOCOM 2015, Hong Kong, April-May, 2015.
- Albert Y.S. Lam, Y.-W. Leung, and X.-W. Chu, “Electric Vehicle Charging Station Placement: Formulation, Complexity, and Solutions,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 5, No. 6, pages 2846–2856, Nov. 2014.
- K. Zhao and X.-W. Chu, “G-BLASTN: Accelerating Nucleotide Alignment by Graphics Processors,” Bioinformatics, 30(10):1384-91, May 2014.