Administrative Assistant (PR0325/21-22)
Hong Kong Baptist University has been awarded funding under Job Creation Scheme 2.0 (JCS 2.0) supported by the Government to create employment opportunities amidst the deteriorating economy due to the pandemic.
The Department is looking for a suitable candidate to carry out the following duties:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the development and implementation of new programmes and innovative educational initiatives, including but not limited to programme promotion, student recruitment and admissions, and internship/placement;
- Liaise with internal and external parties in different fields; and support the planning and organisation of functions, activities and events;
- Assist in daily office operations and handle enquiries; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department or his/her delegates.
Applicants should have/be:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably with 1-2 years of relevant work experience in tertiary institutions ;
- A good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Chinese word processing; and
- Self-motivated with a pleasant personality and be able to wok both independently and in a team.
Appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one year.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after submission of application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled.