Dr. Chu received his B.Eng. degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua University, Beijing, P. R. China, in 1999, and the Ph.D. degree in the Computer Science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2003. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Distributed Machine Learning Systems
- GPU Computing
- Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Wireless Networks
- Q. Wang and X.-W. Chu, “GPGPU Performance Estimation with Core and Memory Frequency Scaling,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 2865-2881, Dec. 2020.
- C. Liu, Q. Wang, X.-W. Chu, Y.-W. Leung, and H. Liu, “ESetStore: An Erasure-Coded Storage System with Fast Data Recovery,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 31, No. 9, pp. 2001-2016, Sept. 2020.
- S. Shi, Q. Wang, X-W. Chu, B. Li, Y. Qin, R. Liu, and X. Zhao, “Communication-Efficient Distributed Deep Learning with Merged Gradient Sparsification on GPUs,” IEEE INFOCOM 2020, Canada, July 2020.
- D. Yan, W. Wang, and X.-W. Chu, “Optimizing Batched Winograd Convolution on GPUs,” ACM PPoPP 2020, San Diego, USA, Feb 2020.
- S. Shi, X.-W. Chu, and B. Li, “MG-WFBP: Efficient Data Communication for Distributed Synchronous SGD Algorithms,” IEEE INFOCOM 2019, Paris, France, May 2019.
- C. Liu, Q. Wang, X.-W. Chu, and Y.-W. Leung, “G-CRS: GPU Accelerated Cauchy Reed-Solomon Coding,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 29, No. 7, pages 1482-1498, July 2018.
- X. Mei, X.-W. Chu, Y.-W. Leung, H. Liu, and Z. Li, “Energy Efficient Real-time Task Scheduling on CPU-GPU Hybrid Clusters,” IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta, GA, USA, 1-4 May, 2017.
- X. Mei and X.-W. Chu, “Dissecting GPU Memory Hierarchy through Microbenchmarking,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 28. No. 1, pages 72-86, Jan 2017.
- Albert Y.S. Lam, Y.-W. Leung, and X.-W. Chu, “Autonomous Vehicle Public Transportation System: Scheduling and Admission Control,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 17, No. 5, pages 1210-1226, May 2016.