Dr. Ma received her PhD degree from the Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2020. Her research include Natural Language Processing, Social Network Analysis and Mining, Rumor Detection and Fact Verification. During Dec 2018—Aug 2019, she was a visiting scholar at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. During Dec 2019—Feb 2020, she was a visiting scholar at Institute for Basic Science (IBS), South Korea. Before that, she obtained both of her B.E. and M.E. degree from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications in 2013 and 2016 respectively. In recent years, she served as Program Committee Member for ACL, EMNLP, CIKM, AAAI, etc, and was invited to review for journals such as TIST, TKDE, TOMM, etc.
- Information Verification: Fake News Detection, Rumor Detection, etc
- Information Retrieval
- Natural Language Processing
- Social Media Analytics: Twitter, Sina Weibo, etc
- Artificial Intelligence
- Jing Ma, and Wei Gao. Debunking Rumors on Twitter with Tree Transformer. Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING). 2020.
- Wenxuan Zhang, Yang Deng, Jing Ma, and Wai Lam. AnswerFact: Fact Checking in Product Question Answering. Proceedings of the 2020 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP). 2020.
- Jing Ma, Wei Gao, Shafiq Joty, and Kam-Fai Wong. An Attention-based Rumor Detection Model with Tree-structured Recursive Neural Networks. Proceedings of ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST). 2020.
- Zhiwei Yang, Hechang Chen, Jiawei Zhang, Jing Ma, Yi Chang. Attention-based Multi-level Feature Fusion for Named Entity Recognition. Proceedings of the 29th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI). 2020.
- Wenxuan Zhang, Wai Lam, Yang Deng, Jing Ma. Review-guided Helpful Answer Identification in E-commerce. Proceedings of the Web Conference 2020 (WWW). 2020.
- Jing Ma, Wei Gao, Shafiq Joty, and Kam-Fai Wong. Sentence-level evidence embedding for claim verification with hierarchical attention networks. Proceedings of the 57th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL). 2019.
- Jing Ma, Wei Gao, and Kam-Fai Wong. Detect Rumors on Twitter by Promoting Information Campaigns with Generative Adversarial Learning. Proceedings of the The Web Conference 2019 (WWW). 2019.
- Jing Ma, Wei Gao, and Kam-Fai Wong. Rumor detection on twitter with tree-structured recursive neural networks. In Proceedings of the 56th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL). 2018.
- Jing Ma, Wei Gao, and Kam-Fai Wong. Detect rumor and stance jointly by neural multi-task learning. Companion Proceedings of the The Web Conference 2018 (WWW). 2018.
- Bhavtosh Rath, Wei Gao, Jing Ma, and Jaideep Srivastava. Utilizing Computational Trust to Identify Rumor Spreaders on Twitter. Proceedings of Social Network Analysis and Mining (SNAM). 2018.
- Bhavtosh Rath, Wei Gao, Jing Ma, and Jaideep Srivastava. From Retweet to Believability: Utilizing Trust to Identify Rumor Spreaders on Twitter. Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM). 2017.
- Jing Ma, Wei Gao, and Kam-Fai Wong. Detect rumors in microblog posts using propagation structure via kernel learning. Proceedings of the 55th Annual Meeting of the Association for Compu- tational Linguistics (ACL). 2017.
- Jing Ma, Wei Gao, Prasenjit Mitra, Sejeong Kwon, Bernard J Jansen, Kam-Fai Wong, and Meeyoung Cha. Detecting rumors from microblogs with recurrent neural networks. Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI). 2016,
- Jing Ma, Wei Gao, Zhongyu Wei, Yueming Lu, and Kam-Fai Wong. Detect rumors using time series of social context information on microblogging websites. Proceedings of the 24th ACM International on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM). 2015.